Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cheese Box to Card Holder

 
I had been hanging on to this wooden box for several months since we received some cheese in it as a gift from a potato customer of ours.  While I didn't want to throw it away, I wasn't quite sure what to do with it so I just let it sit there and sit there and sit there...

 
During the retreat I attended awhile ago, I felt a little burnout from just making cards and thought I would mix it up a little and decorate the box.  (Good thing I brought it along with me that weekend!)

 
I covered it with Baked Brown Sugar card stock and Retro Fresh designer series paper first and then added some fun elements to the top.  Next, the question of what to put inside...and I thought since I had the Envelope Punch Board sitting right next to me, why not make some fun cards that would be just the right size to fit inside and then whip out some quick envelopes as well.

 
So the result was some fun, quick and colorful cards that measure 7" x 3 1/2" and I just used Very Vanilla card stock to make the envelopes.

 
Instead of matching the Coastal Cabana color in the Retro Fresh designer series paper, I went a shade darker with the Bermuda Bay card stock (although I did use Coastal Cabana ink).  For the Bermuda Bay pieces behind the sentiments, I placed three stamps on one block and just stamped randomly.
 
Supplies:
Hello Lovely, Chalk Talk
Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar, Bermuda Bay card stock
Coastal Cabana ink
Retro Fresh dsp
Chalk Talk framelits
Apothecary Accents framelits
Brights buttons
On Film framelits
Decorative Dots folder
Envelope Punch Board
Essentials Wooden Elements
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!