Thursday, April 10, 2014

Praying for You


I recently read an article in the paper about a 13 year old boy who has had 55 surgeries in his short life and has many more scheduled.  The article had an address for him so cards could be sent to encourage him during his journey.  This card is made with him in mind and is the one I sent to him last week...

 
The card combines Everything Eleanor, Springtime Hello and Blessings from Heaven stamp sets and pieces cut from Chalk Talk framelits and Little Leaves sizzlit.

 
Sometimes cards don't end up as we envision them because we change our minds midway through and that happened here...I had just placed the stamped and cut out image from Everything Eleanor on the card front when I realized I wanted to stamp the flower image from Springtime Hello on it.  Instead of trying to take it off, I stamped it while it was on the card front (with dimensionals behind it) and the image did not look good.  So...I went through the scrap pile and found a Chalk Talk framelits cutout that would fit over the bad image and stamped and sponged that before I covered up the mistake...
 
Supplies:
Springtime Hello, Everything Eleanor, Blessings from Heaven
Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana card stock
Coastal Cabana and Soft Suede ink
sponges
Little Leaves sizzlit
Chalk Talk framelits
taffeta ribbon
 
 
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!