Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Grad Life Part 1

 
I recently made graduation announcements for one of our nephews which I will share sometime in the future, but in the process I started thinking about some table decorations in the same theme.  Today you will see one of them and tomorrow one more :) 

 
They are both based on a digital download called The Grad Life which I used in Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio program. 

 
I chose to use Pacific Point as the focal color on all the printed items and added some white, black and gold accents.

 
In the bottom of the jar, there are a few punched items (chevron border punch and itty bitty punches), some individual gold sequins that were made by taking apart the sequin trim, buttons, and cut confetti and diplomas and caps that were stamped and cut out.

 
I took two of the circles that were first printed and then punched (1 3/4" circle punch), put them together with dimensionals and added some baker's twine between them.  The baker's twine is wrapped around an antique brad that is stuck into the cork top of the jar so it holds it suspended. 

 
Finally, I used some of the same baker's twine and wrapped it many times around the neck of the jar and then tied a bow. 
 
It is a fairy simple thing to put together and you could really add anything you like to the inside or change the occasion idea as well.
post signature

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mom, wife, farmer and Stampin' Up! demonstrator from North Dakota. I love to stamp and scrapbook and share ideas with others so I thought I would try out a blog. Hope you enjoy it!